Its the Bank Holiday weekend so I thought I would share another fabulously delicious recipe for a great brunch. Its nutritious and filling, and so easy to create. I love a good hearty breakfast/brunch as it means I’m full for hours afterwards and that means no snacking! Also, because there is virtually no sugar in this meal, I have no cravings either. That’s the thing – when you eat sugar, it makes you want to eat more sugary things. So peeps, give up the sugar!!
You will need:
- 1 Avocado
- 1 small red chilli
- 1 Fresh free range egg
- 1 slice of Burgen soya and linseed bread
- 1tsp of pinenuts
- 1tsp of pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 tsp of chia seeds
- Pop a pan of water onto boil
- Cut open the avocado, and scoop out the green flesh removing the stone.
- Chop the chilli very finely (protect your hands if necessary but don’t rub your face afterwards!)
- Add the chopped chilli to the avocado and mash together
- Add an egg to the boiling water and poach for 3 minutes.
- Put the bread in the toaster
- When the toast is ready, spread the avocado mix on top.
- When the egg is ready, using a slatted spoon, lift the egg out and pop on top of the toast and avocado mix
- Sprinkle with the seeds and nuts.
Here’s the video of how to make it.