Download my latest Sugary Peach Recipe book here!!
For my peanut butter cookies I used Whole Earth pumpkin seed peanut butter as its only 0.9g of sugar per 100g. Alternatively, make your own by roasting peanuts!! Zero Sugar!!
Chorizo and Feta cheese tart
For the pastry:-
- 6 oz plain flour
- 3.5oz Dromona Butter
- 3tblsp water
Chop the butter into chunks and using your hands rub/blend the butter into the flour. It will start to come together to form a dough. Add 2-3 tbsp of water, bring together to form a ball, flour your work surface and roll out to the desired size for your tart dish. Simples!
Once the pastry is in the tart dish, trim the edges using the reverse side of a knife, and using a fork lightly prick the top of the pastry all over. Place a sheet of greaseproof paper on top of the pastry. Using baking beans or dried pulses, weigh down the paper, ensuring they reach out to the sides of the dish. Bake the pastry for 15 mins at 165 degrees celsius. Remove the baking beans, and greaseproof paper, and bake for a further 5 minutes. Then remove from oven and set aside until you have made the filling.
For the tart filling you will need the following ingredients:
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 red onions sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped or crushed
- Ground black pepper
- 100g of chorizo, skin removed and sliced or diced.
- 200g of Feta cheese
- 240g of baby spinach leaves
- pinch of sea salt
- 75ml of double cream
- 3 eggs
- some gruyere for grating on top
Turn the oven on to 165/170 degrees celsius.
Heat the olive oil, and fry the onions, garlic and black pepper for 10 mins on a medium heat until softened.
Add the chorizo and fry for a further 5 minutes.
Add the spinach leaves, and let them wilt down in the pan.
Remove from the heat and crumble in the Feta cheese and mix well.
In a separate bowl, whisk the cream and eggs together adding salt and pepper.
Add the chorizo and feta cheese mixture to the eggs, and mix together.
Pour the mixture into the tart case or your own tart dish.
Grate some gruyere cheese over the top. For mine, I had a wee bit of parma ham in the fridge so i added a wee bit to the top as well but don’t worry if you don’t have any!
Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until the tart is slightly firm to the touch.
Serve with a crisp fresh salad.
This tart will serve 8 people and each slice has 347kcals, and 2.3g of sugar.
One Egg Omelette
- One egg
- Handful of fresh baby spinach
- One bacon medallion chopped up
- small handful of mixed chopped peppers
- small handful of diced onion
- 10/15g of #Dromona extra mature cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Tsp of olive oil
- In a small non-stick frying pan, put in a tsp of olive oil and heat on medium.
- Add the onion, peppers and bacon and fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add the handful of spinach – it will wilt down in the pan.
- Using a fork whisk up the egg in a cup and add salt and pepper to your liking.
- Pour the egg into the frying pan and swirl around the pan.
- Crumble the cheddar cheese over the top and and leave for a couple of minutes turning the heat down slightly.
- The omelette will now be ready to eat.
- Eat on its own, or with 1/2 an avocado and pumpkin seeds.
- Whites porridge Oats
- Dale Farm Goodness yoghurt
For this one I’m using the video!
#lowsugar toasted crumpet with bacon and poached egg
- 1 Free Range Egg
- 2 slices of bacon
- 1 crumpet
- 1 tbsp of M&S Peri Peri Mayonaise
- 15g of grated cheddar cheese
- Put a saucepan of water on to boil. When the water is boiling pop the egg in, swirl the water around and cook for 3 minutes.
- Grill the bacon until nice and crispy.
- Pop the crumpet into the toaster.
- Over the toasted crumpet, spread the peri peri mayonnaise and then sprinkle over most of the grated cheese.
- Add the 2 slices of bacon and when the buzzer goes for 3 minutes, lift the poached egg out and place on top of the bacon.
- Sprinkle with any remaining grated cheese and ground black pepper!
Now watch my video on how to make it!